Report on the results of monitoring security of gas supply in 2015
At the end of July Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic published Report on the results of monitoring of security of gas supply in 2015.
Main findings and conclusions:
- In 2015 consumption of natural gas in Slovakia reached nearly 4, 8 billion cubic meters.
- Domestic demand of natural gas was 98 % covered by import.
- 86 million cubic meters of natural gas were produced by extraction from domestic sources.
- Slovak gas market is fully liberalized with a significant number of active gas suppliers. Traditional gas supplier Slovenský plynárenský priemysel, a.s. maintains dominant position, but the share of alternative gas suppliers has been continuously rising. In 2015 other major players in gas supply to final consumers were companies RWE Gas Slovensko, s.r.o., SHELL Slovakia, s.r.o., VNG Slovakia, spol. s.r.o., Lumius Slovakia, s.r.o.
- In 2015 Slovak gas transport network transported a total of 55, 8 billion cubic meters of gas.
- Transport networks, distribution networks and storage were in the monitoring period operated reliably and safely. There were no serious incidents that could disrupt the supply of natural gas to gas customers in the defined territory. The demand of the domestic market was fully covered.