Report on the results of monitoring security of electricity supply in 2015
At the end of July Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic published Report on the results of monitoring of security of electricity supply in 2015.
Main findings and conclusions:
- Total electricity consumption in Slovakia has, compared to 2014, increased by 1 224 GWh (+ 4, 32 %) to 29 579 GWh. The high annual growth of electricity consumption was mainly caused by increased economic growth as well as higher temperatures in summer.
- Total electricity production in Slovakia has, compared to 2014, decreased by 63 GWh (- 0, 23 %) to 27 191 GWh.
- The dominant source of electricity production is nuclear energy. In 2015 nuclear power plants produced 15 146 GWh (55, 7 % of total electricity consumption in Slovakia).
- In 2015 production of electricity from hydropower plants was 4 338 GWh. Production from fossil fuels increased from 5 236 GWh (2014) to 5 252 GWh (2015). Photovoltaic installations made 578 GWh of electricity.
- Deficit in covering consumption by domestic production has been ensured by increased import of electricity. Annual increase in import of electricity was recorded at 1 287 GWh, share of imported electricity has increased from 3, 9 % to 8, 1 %.
- In 2015 the size of the measured flow of import was 14 999 GWh, the size of the measured flow of export was 12 611 GWh.